Monday, February 06, 2012

John Taggart. The photographer as artist




We are lucky to have such nice people staying with us, really. I love it when professionals know their craft so well, that they can break the rules. If I took this photograph it would not have the "photographers eye". John has taken one of the most difficult compositions you can think of, the two parallel lines, without a real centre of interest yet it works brilliantly. The eye is not taken off the page as it would be if I took the shot. The reflections break up the hard lines and the denser tree on the left holds in the eye as does the taller tree on the right.
Who would imagine that Scotland in January would be so wonderful to look at? 
You can find more of John's photographs at, John Taggart Antrim, photography 
I'm going to post the others he sent me at our blog site for the best photographs of Glencoe

Hi John
The cottage was great, lovely place with some great walks, weather wise it was a mixed bag but a few good days. I have attached a few images for you to use as you wish. I haven't had a chance to edit through all the images yet as I need to catch up on some work but am happy with some of the results. When I get more edited I will pop a few on the email. 
We had a day up round Loch Arkaig which was beautiful, never been there before. Great walks round Cuil Bay and Kentallen Bay and a nice meal in the hotel across the road. 
All in all we had a great stay, many thanks for the use of your lovely cottage, hope to be back some time and very best wishes to you and Gillian.
John & Pamela.

COTTAGE ATTRACTIONS 
FOR LASTMINUTE BOOKINGS

1 comment:

Braintree hotel said...

This picture is really beautiful. It is a proof that Scotland is a beautiful country with breathtaking landscapes.

 
Lochside cottage near Glencoe in the Highlands of Scotland
  • Short Breaks Glencoe
  • Stories about Appin villages blog